Monday, June 8, 2009

Sofa Breakdown ($$$$)

(the colored pillow is gone)

I have received a few emails from readers asking how much it cost us to get the sofa redone. So here is the breakdown.


1.) Sofa size charge $450
2.) Staining $150 (they didn't charge me)

3.) New Backing $50

4.) New Padding $80

5.) Fabric $ 160 for 18 yards (with 30% discount)

6.) Delivery $50 (they didn't charge me)

They gave me a 10% discount on the total labor.

Sooo.

Fabric $160

Sofa Labor $ 565 (tax included)

Not so bad huh? I paid for the fabric ahead of time to keep my invoice LOW. The rest was paid once it was ready. The good thing is the the cost for the chair is only $250 so I don't plan on another invoice like this again.

Tips:

ASK FOR A DISCOUNT ON FABRIC (they give them all day, and there is to much competition)

ASK FOR A DISCOUNT ON LABOR (10% on up)

FIND OUT IF TUFTING IS CHARGED (they offered it free)

FIND OUT THE PRICE FOR EACH NAIL HEAD (if getting them)

BE SURE TO PICK THE BEST PADDING FOR YOU THERE ARE SEVERAL TO PICK FROM

DON'T RUSH THEM! BUT DO CHECK IN ON THE PROGRESS

CHECK THEIR STAINING SAMPLES

Hope this information helps!


12 comments:

Mrs. Limestone said...

Im confused - why didn't they charge you for all the items on the invoice. Did you negotiate that out?

Either way - good deal to have a family heirloom to use for years to come.

Anonymous said...

I love the sofa!

leticia@galsintheknow.blogspot.com/ said...

great job!
looks amazing!

Christina said...

you're sofa is friggin amazing! so pretty and sophisticated. i'm in awe.
thanks for the suggestions. i'm looking at reupholstering two chairs but am terrified of the cost!

Iva Messy said...

WOW! amazing sofa! FABULOUS! thats for the hints!!!

Kwana said...

You did a great job. Not bad at all.

Kara said...

I love the final product. It looks fab!

Freckles Chick said...

I will never fall out of love w/ that sofa of yours. Sophie? =P

You must have some mad negotiating skills girl!

meach61 said...

You got a great price on your re-upholstery. Here in Minnesota the price would have been double I'm sure. I was thinking of neutral paint for your living room and I think you should check out the paint colors at Restoration Hardware. Very nice colors and the paint goes on like butter.

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Those are awesome! Spacify offers stylish and affordable Fabric Sofas to decorate your Home & Office.

Beth said...

Wow wow wow... I had two chairs done and it was $1500 !!! Great deal girl !

Symone's Mommy said...

Wow! Did you negotiate up front?