Saturday, October 31, 2009

Inspiration

Do you know how you have no clue what you want to dowith it, but you know you want to build around a piece that you like? Well that is how I am feeling about Mid Century credenza's.


One piece was found on ebay and the other on craigslist. I have learned that local shopping for these items gets very pricey. I am talking up over $500 and as Whitney Houston use to say..
"HELL TO THA NAW"


But luckily both pieces are under $250 here. The key is finding someone that doesn't have a clue what they have in their home..Someone kinda like me 2 years ago.

THE RUGS FROM MY LAST POST CAN BE FOUND HERE.



7 comments:

Karen said...

I know what you mean about finding someone who's clueless about what they have. Do you feel a tiny bit guilty though? I do, but usually the feeling passes quickly enough!

Dayka Robinson said...

I'm really feelin' the first one. My mother used to have one like it years ago. A few years back in a magazine, I saw one exactly like it that was made into a media console by adding hinges to the drawers. Not what you're looking for, but interesting. I think the color and style would good great with where it looks like you want to take your room. I say go for it, and remember, you can always resell it if you decide it doesn't work later.

pve design said...

I think things come and go for a reason and things that once had meaning can take on new life in new hands. I love these credenza's or side-boards with a fresh coat of paint, even in black they suddenly look like the life of the room. Hope you find yours (if not already!)
pve

Freckles Chick said...

Right on, girl, tell me about it. I've been stalking CL for one of these mid century mod pieces for a year now. But my cheap side doesn't want to pay more than $150 for it so I'm hoping someone won't know they're selling a gem.

You've prob. already seen this, but isn't this inspiring?
http://littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com/2009/10/office.html

Kay* said...

i have a thing for mid-century credenza's - i'd use it in my living room as an entertainment credenza. luckily they pop up pretty often on my local craigslist at a good price.

Anonymous said...

You have such great taste!

Chardae said...

My father got me the first one when I was 11! I had no idea it was still in rotation.