Friday, May 7, 2010

Mothers Day Advice (GET UPLIFTED)

Happy Friday and Happy Early Mothers Day TO ALL THE MOTHERS!

Listen…in all my 31 years, I have been walking around in the wrong bra.

My size was OFF. Lets say I was told I was a 24D  by a chain store, and in my heart I knew the bra was not right because it just didn't fit or support me. Well that's what happened. The other day I was in the mall and strolled on over to Nordstrom's and had a fitting just because. The ladies were so nice, and super helpful. I could not have left there happy without my assigned rep. So anyway I was advised of my real size (which was not a size that the chain store carried), and several bras to try (with her in the room) and was in shock. The rep took her time with me, and brought several different types of my new found size in. I felt very comfortable with her and I wanted her to stay, and help me get it right! And we did. So if you don't do anything for yourself. I recommend getting a fitting from them. A good bra in the right size will boost your confidence, and make you look better in your clothes.

tisha

(Le Mystere Dream Tisha w/lace)

tisha1

(Le Mystere Dream Tisha T-Shirt Bra)

The ones above are the ones that finally worked for me. Afterward she informed me that the lace bra was the most popular bra that has been purchased since featured on Oprah. Now I am going to be honest. I like to save where I can, and I only spend a certain amount on certain items. This bra was a little more $$$ than I would have liked it to be. But I have no complaints, and I feel UPLIFTED ALL THE TIME. Now that I know my size, and which bra works for me, I can shop around eBay, and other places for them sold a discounted rate.

GOOD LUCK!

XOXOX,

TamStyles

11 comments:

liz @ bon temps beignet said...

I did the same thing at Nordstrom's a few years ago. The sales woman was so helpful & not creepy like I thought a bra fitting would be. I found out my size was waaay off. The girls at VS told me a 36C was interchangeable with a 34D...uh, no. 34DD was my correct size. I was shocked. I didn't want to be 'all boob' but if your bra fits correctly you won't look like a pair of walking tatas.

To all of the ladies reading this: get a bra fitting! It maybe be a bigger investment in the beginning but it will save you money & your sanity in the end!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

There is nothing like having a great fitting bra. I have all mine custom made via a lady who use to work for Pennyrich....but ladies if you have been fitted wearing your bra, then you have not been fitted properly.

Nadisha said...

Great advice..this will go on my "must" do list. In all seriousness, just yesterday a nipple was trying to escape while I was jogging in the park. SMDH & LOL..In my mind, I have been the same size since high school, even after 2 kiddies...but after yesterday I must be delusional.

I wonder if they have a wide selection of sports bras?

Tiffany said...

Yeah I need to ge one of these, though it seems to me that all bras are not created equal when it comes to the size.

Tiffany
Peace, Love and Chocolate
http://liferequiresmorechocolate.com

jtbrown said...

I have done this myself. I went to Nordstrom about a year ago and got fitted as well. I do spend a lot more on my bras now but the girls look wonderful in them and my back thanks me everyday.

Redesign Diva said...

Girl! I had to have a bra fitting lately, because of my (now) 40 years...and doggone! Found out I was a DD what the? In the matter of three months...(Lord I ain't complaining...and neither is my man)feels like headlights for real!

Perimenopause...

Shima said...

I also have gone to Nordstrom for a fitting and it was the best experience. I now take my daughter their to get her girls sitting correctly! I tell all my girlfriends to go their for proper fittings.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tam,

My bff and I went to Soma last year and she was so embarrassed when finding out the "real" size she wore. She had been doing an injustice to her boobies for so long! She even called me hours later saying she could not believe the actual cupsize she needed, but I tell you, she was uplifted and has been wearing those SOMA bras or similar ones every since. I find that cheap bras like ones in Target and similar stores just don't do it for me and I don't have large breasts, but my back is a little wider than the average smaller cup size wearer, lol! Isn't it funny the things we discuss, bu they are so needed!

###### said...

for year i have been walking around with a 34 d...and my real size is a 32F...yes 32 F...why in the hell did VS tell me that? well because they dont carry my real size so they needed me to get something from them, so why not just tell me im a 34 D so that they can make a sell...pisses me off...

Dayka Robinson said...

there's actually an intimacy here in atlanta (the woman from oprah owns the store), and i was fitted a few years ago. it was definitely the BEST thing! you're right, they are more expensive, but definitely worth it.

happy mother's day!

House of Brooke said...

Yes KNOW UR SIZE!!!

It does UPLIFT Ya................