Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Campaigning Pays Off

I found this campaign piece at The Salvation Army the other day for $27 and brought her home. I was thinking what can I do with you little boo boo. She is missing a corner plate, but I think I can find one that will fit it, so no biggie. Other than that she really is in pretty good shape.

DSC_0737

DSC_0738

Primed DSC_0806 DSC_0807   Painted Heirloom White & Not Happy At All. The whole thing was done, and placed in the house to see how it looked, and I almost cried with disappointment.

DSC_0811

    So in comes my friend Klean Strip Paint Stripper, and Klean Strip After Wash

DSC_0855DSC_0856

The after was clean, and beautiful. The whole layer of stain came right off and left me with this lighter shade. To be honest, I thought about doing the whole piece over with the stripper, but it would have been to much work. Maybe another time.

DSC_0853

Stay Tuned to see the results…

Sorry.

XOXOX,

TamStyles

10 comments:

Hello Lover... said...

I cannot even tell you how jealous I am! I have been searching everywhere! Cannot wait to see the final product. Look on ebay or google shopping - I've seen the brass hardware via both of those!

Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones said...

DAMN! So Jealous!!! SO SO SO jealous! Try White! Just plain White! FAB!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

You lucky girl! I'm still trying to find the nerve to ask my inlaws for theirs! I've always liked them painted in a funky color. But, I don't know where you're using it.

Mine will surely go in TJ's room (if I ever get one)!

Kay* said...

great find! i love me some thrift shops :) looking forward to the reveal!

Tiffany said...

I am sure that you are going to make it look great as all your projects seem to come out in the end. Are you sure this is just a hobby, lol?

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Erika Ward said...

$27, such a deal!! What's the deal with everyone painting furniture Heirloom White? So sorry you were disappointed. Do you want some suggestions?

Unknown said...

What a great price!!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Great! you finally found It looks so much like that one I found at another Salvation Army location.

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

great find! i just asked my mom if i could have their campaign dresser sitting in the basement and she said yes! can't wait to re-paint it.
i'm glad you're doing this post so i can see how yours turns out.

House of Brooke said...

Good Buys and more Good Buys!

You always get the good deals!

Hurry to the ATL!

-bc