Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Light, Dark, and Clean Lines

This is how I would love for my den to look. I am putting my thinking cap on folks. House and Home Magazine is one of my favorite magazines. I look forward to every issue.

houseandhome

So below is my take on what I would do in my own room. I have not found chairs yet that I love for the space, so look out for that. On the other hand the good thing about these boards is that they act as a guide for your final look. All the items are listed that are needed minus a few things that can easily fall into place like accessories or wall frames. I just love the no guessing game. So far I am working with 2 items from the board already.

Don't you love the pairing of the light and dark? The clean lines? Those pillows? That art wall? That bookcase? Even the books, and small lamp. Just seems like effortless, and modern day love.

 

tamden

 

 

XOXOX,

TamStyles

11 comments:

Stacey said...

Love House and Home too and that den is beautiful.I feel like a stalker always being the first one to leave a comment:-) xx

Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones said...

That room is going to b the shit!!!! Love it!

Unknown said...

I like your inspiration room a lot!

Hautemocha7 said...

Love the clean modern look.
I have a scanty looking den back home...cant wait for the day i get to really decorate.

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

High contrast and clean lines: perfection! can't wait to see it..

traci zeller designs said...

Love what you've done! I'm all about the contrast. House and Home is totally one of my favorites. It's fantastic!

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

In love with that tv console. WHERE?

I'm liking gray with brown more and more with every day.

Anonymous said...

I love the whole room! Those curtains are really nice and versatile.

Erika Ward said...

Loving your moodboard and concept! I'm with you, House and Home is one of my favs.

House of Brooke said...

Yes this Mag is d'bizness! I am looking for my renewal for a bday gift.
Shame on me that I don't get to read them all until I get sick.
I cant wait to see what you do!
Gr8 taste Tam!

K.W. said...

Tam, where is the couch from on your mood board? I love it. I'm getting something like it in white leather, but I'm hesitating on pulling the trigger because I've never bought a couch for that much money. *biting my nails*