Thursday, November 11, 2010

Book Review: Thomas O’Brien (American Modern)

I was sent a copy of this extraordinary book (Abrams), and must say I was pleased beyond my own expectations. Let me first say that I love that the color of the book is gray. Perfect color for a modern space, and looks great on a credenza, and of course a coffee table. The images are just flawless, and a conversation piece even for those that don’t admire interior design. I have been a long time lover of Thomas O'Brien's work, and this book only extends my love for his craft. The book is done in different chapters of modern style. There is Traditional Modern, Urban Modern, Vintage Modern, and Casual Modern to name a few. Each capturing the true essence of its meaning. Enjoy.

DSC_0099

DSC_0115DSC_0110DSC_0109DSC_0107DSC_0106DSC_0105DSC_0104DSC_0103DSC_0102DSC_0101DSC_0100

“Design can be many things to many people, but to me, it has always been about traditional in modern life.” – Thomas O’Brien

BOOK CAN BE PURCHASED HERE.

XOXOX,

TamStyles

9 comments:

Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones said...

Send me one! I like what I see :)

Pilar_Oh My Blog! said...

Love the pics!!
Great book.

I have just made a mirrored wall with a hidden closet in my home, and I would like you to see it and give me your opinion:
http://ohmyblogmode.blogspot.com/2010/10/la-entrada-de-mi-casa-guarda-un-secreto.html

:)

Lynett said...

Oh, I likey!!!!

Jazz said...

MUST. HAVE. ;)

traci zeller designs said...

Fun way to review! I love that book, too ... and was equally delighted that the cover was gray!

Dhalia Edwards said...

I like how you took the pics for this post Tam.

Dhalia

court. said...

I love the way you shot this. so creative and lovely.

Anonymous said...

I looove Tomas O'Brien and was ecstatic when he did a line for Target! Thanks for giving a sneak peek at this book. I gotta get my mitts on this one. I am such a sucker for packaging--I love the grey sleek cover, LOL!
xo
Mindy
http://fisilis.wordpress.com

Jane Kilpatrick Schott said...

Okay, give it up! Where did the bracelet on the left wrist come from? Love it.