Tuesday, December 13, 2011

how do I grow my blog?

That has to be one of the questions I get most from readers that send me emails. I try my best to be honest with you guys as I have in the past. I take what I have learned, what I see, and pop out an honest answer.

In my opinion growing your blog comes from you having an…

v

Once people get to know you as ________, they trust your voice and look forward to hearing your views about something. Or the details of whatever your subject matter is.

People usually like blogs that they can relate to in some way, and bloggers that are somewhat REAL. As with anything. If someone takes the time to email you. The least…I mean VERY LEAST that you can do is reply back. I have reached out to a few bloggers that don’t hit the reply button unless its business related. NOT FAIR to the readers.  These days, some blogs are becoming so major and that voice that you grow to enjoy gets lighter because of all the “extra” that is now going on in that bloggers life due to the blog. All of that is great, but once you get to that point…just

c

so that your readers know you are still the same person that they grew to know. Otherwise there are millions of others choices out there.

Don’t take comments as a representation of how big your blog is. Some people will never comment, some often, and some will daily. But if you put time into your blog, and watch your numbers, and how people react to certain posts. You will then….

l

which really is the door opener. If you don’t learn your audience, don’t take blogging serious.

On top of all the above and some extra that I hope to speak about later. My number one advice is to first make your blog….

p

people like organization in things they read. To much extra can just be TO MUCH on the eyes, and sometimes ears depending on your blog. We don’t all have money to hire a designer, so I would say keep things neat and clean until you can get something done professionally.


I hope the above helped you in some manner with your blog…One thing to always remember is….

b

when it is not…then you have some thinking to do.

**ONE OTHER THING THAT I WANT TO SHARE IS THIS. DON’T BE AFRAID TO LEARN ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE AND READ BLOGS FROM AUTHORS THAT ARE DIFFERENT FROM YOU IN SOME WAY. BE IT RACE, SEX, ECONOMIC MAKEUP, ETC, ETC. DIVERSITY IS SUPER IMPORTANT TO ME, AND BLOGS GIVE EACH OF US A CHANCE TO LEARN ABOUT SOMEONE THAT WE MAY NEVER ENCOUNTER. SO STEP OUT OF YOUR NORM AND BE OPEN TO THE ENTIRE WORLD OF BLOGGING AND THOSE THAT DO IT. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED AT THE COMMON AREAS WE ALL SHARE** 

High Fives & Hugs,

Tamara

 

No comments: