Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blog Cliques, fact or fiction?

Okay, so I wondered if they were real, or just something I thought about. Then I decided to do a google on "Blog Cliques" and bammmm! There were many articles done on this very subject. This blogger posted a rather long post on some childish mess going on in the blog world that really tripped me out. Like are people for real? Most bloggers dont get paid a dime to do this everyday. There is either some type of passion they have, something they want to document, or just do it for fun! And to be real, the fellow blogger doesnt "know" the next from a can of paint, really. I found another article that really hit the nail on the head. I have been apart of forums that had cliques, but never thought twice about defining it as such until now. I have had to leave forums because I dont put up with that kind of shit, and cant stand "keyboard bad asses". Meaning people that get a chance to be "bad" and bossy online because in their real life they cant be.

Defined: A clique (IPA:/'klɪk/ in America, /'kliːk/ elsewhere) is an exclusive group of people who share interests, views, purposes, patterns of behavior, or ethnicity.
1] A clique as a reference group can be either normative or comparative.
I say play nice. There are to many blogs and forums out there to count. I am in aww of great blogs I run across everyday, and think wow...And occasionally I will get an email from someone saying the same about my blog. There is enough room for everyone, TRUST ME!
And as sfgirlbybay would say..KEEP CALM and CARRY ON!

No comments: