Monday, August 9, 2010

On A Mission

Finally the parsons table from West Elm is here. Let me say that we have not had a new table since we first moved in together back in 1996. I know that is a shame, but for some reason I never put much effort into finding the perfect one. Actually when I would. I would change my mind because they were always “sets” which I want to stay away from.

 

par

The area is pretty blank to be honest.  I need panels for the windows, art, chairs, light fixture, and a rug is on my mind. But with my kids, and FOOD. I would have a fit if it got dirty, so if I do add a rug, that will come later.

I am slowing opening up this part of the house to the blog which is a change for yall. I want you to be able to see the process from start to finish on a normal budget.

The table looks MUCH SMALLER in photos for some reason. It really is a nice size that gives us the option to seat up to six.

DSC_0898 DSC_0912   DSC_0920

The chairs fit perfectly. In this photo, they seem to damn near be under the table.

DSC_0918

 

To familiarize yall with the look I am going for. Check out the photos below which are my inspiration, and my board which is my guiding light.

mod

 

jj

 

gg

 

bb

 

XOXOX,

TamStyles

 

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY!

8 comments:

Amari Carter said...

love the tables!
check me out!
http://adifferentperspective789.blogspot.com/

Sing of Singature Style said...

Nice start with a bang, so exciting. Can't wait to see how your dining room turns out.

Unknown said...

I like the table parallel to your wall. Instead of an art wall, I would consider a large mirror (just adding one to my dining room and its made an impact, see here: http://chiclittlehouse.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-reflection-in-mirror.html )

Or adding a white or black ikea expedit as a buffet on that empty wall. I great place to store dishes, wine pics, cookbooks etc.... just my thoughts :)

Kwana said...

Nice. Thsi will be a fun new project.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see this. I'm excited to see the transformation from the begining. I'm just getting into the whole decorating thing. :)

Unknown said...

Coincidentally, I just put a new octagon CREAM & red wool rug under my small round kitchen table (no kids & not much food lol) and also installed a new light fixture over it! Yesterday I purchased a very colorful slipper chair at HomeGoods for my tv room, but last night around 11:30pm I woke up and put it in my bedroom! Now I need to make some redeco changes in the bedroom to accomodate the new chair! Does it ever end? lol!

I look forward to seeing your kitchen "evolve"! Have fun!

Unknown said...

great inspiration photos! maybe some softly painted airy picture or a mirror would do the trick? :)

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

The table and chairs goes well..id add an area rug as well. :)